What We Believe About Stewardship
- Stewardship is what we do with what we have, all the time.
- We are people of God. God is in us and among us all the time.
- Stewardship is not a complicated idea. It is simply our individual and corporate response to the Gospel of Christ.
- To be successful Christian stewards we must repeatedly make choices about what we do with our gifts from God, our time, talents and financial resources.
- The essential truth about the obligation of Christian Stewardship is that we must give because we have. "We love because God first loved us." (1John 4:19)
A legacy gift is a gift deferred - a way of expressing your wishes now about how your resources are to be used later. A legacy gift is a commitment made to protect what you love - and an opportunity to benefit this Church for generations to come.
Your legacy gift can provide to support to:
- St. Margaret of Scotland Anglican Church in Barrie
- The Bishop's Company
- The Anglican Diocese of Toronto Foundation
- The Anglican / Anglican Journal
- The Ministries of General Synod
This link will open the Planned Giving Brochure, which will provide much more information on this subject.
Please give serious consideration to start giving through our P.A.G. program. It makes budgeting for our monthly expenses much easier and it is simple for you because once a month your donation to St. Margaret's is automatically debited from your bank account and you can change it or suspend it at any time. If you would like to change over to P.A.G. or perhaps increasing your current giving, please speak to Joy after a Sunday Service or call the church office for her contact information.
“Honour the Lord with your wealth, with first fruits of all your produce, then will your barns be filled with grain, with
new wine your vats will overflow”(Proverbs 3: 9-10)